Sunday 28 March 2010

a little shimmer.





Last night I watched P.J. Hogan's Peter Pan. The dvd has been sitting on my book case for longer than I can remember. Judging by the cover, I didn't think it was going to be anything great and hence why I put it off for so long. Yet, I was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining it was and just goes to show, don't judge by the cover!

The movie got me thinking about fairies. Every young girl wants to be the fairy at the birthday party and the fairy in the school play. After this movie, I can see why.
Although, to be honest, I often found Tinker bell quite annoying, there were points in this movie where the fairies were all together quite good. These moments I loved. Their golden beings lit up the night sky. As an adult I find the image of a typical fairy pretty ugly and quite frankly a little bit scary! For the child, it's more about what the fairy does than what it looks like. What child wouldn't want to have magical powers?

Do you remember being a fairy as a child? I'd love to hear!


1 comment:

  1. oh my, i think i was some form of fairy/magical creature almost every halloween :D

    ReplyDelete