Thursday, 25 March 2010

a little bit of magic.



I was working in a Year 1 class today (5 year olds mainly). They were doing a phonics worksheet. Learning about the oa, ow, o _ e sound.

Phonics is always a funny one to engage children in.

Introducing... the magic pencil.

I made a 'c' shape first and then...

My body shook and I made a few exciting sounds as this simple pencil become something wonderful. It was magical.

The c became an o. The c became an e. The w was made up of two v's.

They thought these transformations were down to the magic pencil.

Of course they were...

6 comments:

  1. I love the concept of your blog, and I love that there are dedicated teachers like you who will someday be there for my children.

    Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you! i can so hear you telling me this story and giggling about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison - that is very sweet of you thank you!

    V - I am totally giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I‘d like to invite you to visit my fashion blog:

    http://www.mydarlingbubu.com/

    Thank you :). KISSES FROM SPAIN

    •••HAVE A NICE WEEKEND•••

    ReplyDelete
  5. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    Hello Friend, I love love love your blog, it‘s very interesting!!! I really like your style!! i‘ll visit you many times for sure honey.

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids are so cute. They will believe in the magic of anything except "grown ups"

    http://senseofstyleiseternal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete