Tuesday 1 June 2010

library love.

I love libraries. Especially the Faculty of Education library here in Cambridge. It has cute little warm lamps on each desk, even lit during daylight. I'm hoping to get some pictures of it soon. It really is an amazing building in itself.

What I love most about libraries is the smell of old books. I'm sure I would never read half of these old books, let alone two, but there is something about them that just seems so ideal. Their crispy tea stained looking pages, and their rigid bold looking skin. hmm.


It's actually kind of nice sitting in a quiet space. There are not too many places in the world where you can be with other people, making no noise, no noise at all. It's almost as if there is this huge room of calm where everyone is respectful of each other. When you step out, you're back in the real world. buzzing.

Maybe this all sounds like nonsense. Maybe this was me day dreaming today in the library instead of doing my school work... hmm perhaps!?

1 comment:

  1. I love a good book and it makes me so sad that they are all going digital. Beautiful picture and post.

    ReplyDelete