Monday 8 February 2010

A new find


The Incredible Book Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers is a book that I have not yet read. I recently saw images from the book in a children's literature study book and decided I NEED TO GET MY HANDS ON THIS!

There is something about it, it's quirky and just delightful. The story is about a boy who starts to eat books, hoping to become smarter. Apparently he becomes sick from eating too many books, and so decides to read them instead. I'm not sure how the story turns out, and I look forward to finding out.

What struck me about this book really was the pictures. The pictures are simple and contrast between minimalist illustrations of the boy on a detailed backdrop. The pages are made up of simple line and print, blending warm colours together. What I love about this, is that you could read the book as a quick story or really study its pictures for hours.

Maybe this is one you have read already? I look forward to finding it myself, that's for sure.






1 comment:

  1. I haven't yet read this one neither...but looks lovely! Thanks for sharing it in this lovely blog...and many thanks for stopping by mine! You're welcome! ;-) Carme

    ReplyDelete